Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weekend Sewing


Here we are at blog post 101! Thanks to all of you for your warm wishes for me making it all the way to one hundred posts. I'm not really sure how I had enough to post about in that many posts in just over a year, but I'm happy you're still here reading with me!
I've got a few finishes going on now, which I'm super happy about so I can dust off the sewing table, re-organize, and tackle a bunch of projects that have been on the back burner for too long. And start a holiday project or two. And then there is round 4 of the Pillow Talk Swap! But first I think I'll just take a few days away from it all and just knit. I don't love deadlines but I seem to have more than my share right now.

The Bliss quilt is almost finished. The top has actually been done for a month or two but I just haven't had time to quilt it yet. It's a gift for my mom's birthday - which is tomorrow! - but do you think there is anyway on earth I will actually finish? No. I thought I could knock out some quick free motion quilting, but after drooling at Brioni's quilt for so long I really wanted to go with these cathedral circles. So here I am at the ninth hour and not even half way done. But it looks great and I think my mom will be impressed once she finally gets the quilt! A sneak preview for her will have to do for now. Good thing moms are a forgiving bunch:)


And I'm just on the last leg of hand sewing the binding on this one, and I'm dying to show it to you but it's going to have to wait a couple more weeks! It's my very first tutorial and I'm a bit nervous about all my instructions working out. 


It's made with the new It's a Hoot line from Momo -  it's so cheery and vibrant and I couldn't wait to sew it up. Yardage is coming out soon and I'll definitely be investing in lots of the prints for the old stash.

Well I'm off for a rockin' Saturday night of quilting but I promise not to get too wild! 

12 comments:

  1. Bliss is looking awesome Megan and I can't wait to see tutorial you have done for It's A Hoot! Got my City Weekend jelly roll today - petting it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, love both the Bliss and the Hoot - the quilting is wonderful on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! I always love to see what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite sayings is "Nothing would get done if it weren't for the last minute". You'll get your mum's beautiful quilt finished - I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom will love this quilt. I'm looking forward to your tutorial. It's A Hoot is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love, love the Bliss quilt, and I am betting you'll be done quick. My sister just announced she is pregnant and feeling sick - so I think it's a girl - and I have this layer cake of Bliss - oh, you know where I am going with this right?:) Thanks for the inspiration. And I also really like the back of the quilt in the second 2 pictures - is that the It's a Hoot? Off to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Quilt..Lucky Mom! I can't wait for your tutorial! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much eye candy here today! your its a hoot quilt looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one busy mama! That bliss quilt is gorgeous and the quilting is so pretty. And I am looking forward to seeing the hoot quilt, looks great from here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to the tutorial. Congrats on 101 posts!!

    ReplyDelete