Friday, January 15, 2010

A New Quilt and a New Bee



My first block for my first quilting bee ever is completed. I am so thrilled to be a part of this awesome group of ladies of the Bee-autiful Bee, started by Amanda. January's month is for Suzanne (foofanagle), who requested a simple vs. complex block and sent some absolutely gorgeous fabrics in a yellow and grey color theme to sew the blocks up.
I know, I know, I am a little hexagon crazy lately but I love the portability of them. I can hand sew while watching a movie with my husband or tote the whole project over to my mom's house who loves to occupy Lucy while I sneak in a little sewing time.
I am already jealous of Suzanne's quilt after seeing all the other blocks the rest of the bee-ers are coming up with. I'm so happy to be a part of it!

Now that the FMF quilt is completed, it is time to start a new project (or three!) I have literally hundreds rolling around in my brain!

My big ol' stack of Amy Butler Lotus fabrics have been calling to me lately. I do love this line, and they were some of the first I started my stash with. Originally I had planned on the simple Brick Path quilt pattern (Amy's own). I cut out the bricks and decided maybe something a bit different would be fun. This is what I'm coming up with:




So far I think I like it, but hmmmmmm what do you think about adding some sashing?

Oh and here is another pic of my Lu rollin' the new phil&ted's stroller. My kid has a sweeter ride than I do :)





6 comments:

  1. I made a quilt VERY similar to your Amy Butler one, with Amy Butler fabric myself! It was one of the first one's I worked on.... I lost steam with AB shortly after that, and still haven't finished it. Mine only has rectangle blocks, no sashing and I am happy with how it looks

    Now that I've seen yours I want mine to be done though! So thanks for givin me a kick in the booty to add a border (maybe?) and get it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blocks! I remember what big deal it was when I bought a Peg Pergo Venezia before my oldest was born... I loved it and had a very hard time parting with it after everyone was too old for it. Lucy sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt blocks! And your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to be found through the pillow swap. I'm excited to be in it this round as I was so impressed with all the pillows from the first round. Always fun to find another Megan - doublely better sharing a middle name too. :) Those hexagons are so cute! I might have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! P.S. My fiance says we don't have enough space for me to horde fabric. But feel to have a little talking to with him! :) Looking forward to sewing with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the quilting block is beautiful. I love the quilt too, I just saw someone else do the same pattern. I can't wait to try it (I'm planning on making one for my own bed. yay)

    ReplyDelete