Monday, October 26, 2009

Spoonflower Fabric Sneaky Peek

I finally did it! After months upon months of contemplation, I finished my first Spoonflower design and sent it off to be printed. Here is a little sneak peek of the artwork I scanned and sent in:

Yep, Snow White. I know that Little Red seems to be the reigning champion of popularity, but I am quite partial to this ivory faced, dark haired beauty (not that you won't see any Little Red from me in the future if all goes well!) Does this scene look familiar? Every artist has their muse, and mine was this japanese kawaii print which is probably one of my favorite fabrics of all time.....
Unfortunately it is out of print, like most of my fave fairy tale fabrics. I wanted to create something similar to the Cosmo japanese prints but with my own artistic style. It has been so much fun to create again! I am a bit nervous to see how the lines and color translate onto fabric, but if it works out then I can see this becoming an addictive little hobby. Look out Little Red, Alice, Thumbelina, Goldilocks and Cinderella! The fabric should be here in about two weeks!! Yay!

I am also making some progress with the hexagon top for the Pillow Talk Swap. Speaking of addicting, these hexes are just that! And I love the fact that I can just pack the project up and take it to go. I was toying with the idea of doing an all Flea Market Fancy hex pillow (my partner loves the line, but who doesn't?) but so far I am liking this one - I call it the Hexagon Hodge Podge. Or should I go back to the all Flea Market idea?? Luckily there is still time!

Oh, and I apologize for the crappy photos. It is crappy weather here in the Pacific Northwest and I can't get decent lighting to save my life.

And by the way, True Up, which is my favorite digest in the crafty world, has a great giveaway going on - japanese fabrics. I'm entering for sure!


6 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cute! Sign me up, I'd love some :D If you're selling it of course lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric design! I also love your previous posts quilt, I'm about to start the same zigzag pattern, my first machine sewn quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Megan!!! Loving the Dwarfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your fabric design! can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your site while searching for Heather Ross fabric. I love your blog!! Was wondering if you have any Heather Ross prints you are willing to part with. I am mainly looking for Field Trip. I have goldfish on light blue, fish in bags and yellow gnomes I would be willing to swap if you don't want to outright sell any. Thanks!
    -Jen
    jenguanzon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you need concrete cheating proof?
    hackingssetting50@gmail.com gave me full access to my spouse phone with just his phone number and within few hours of contracting them. I recommend this team to anybody who is in need of any hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete